Oregon Incident Management Team #1 (Oregon Team 1) assumed command of the Onion Mt Fire this morning at 6:00 a.m.
- Total incident size: 1,954 acres
- Containment: 0%
- Assigned personnel: 200
- 6 Type 1 heavy helicopters
- 1 Type 2 medium helicopter
- 2 Fixed-wing air management aircraft
- Location: 13 miles west of Grants Pass
- Cause: Unknown on September 13, 2014, at approximately 8:00 a.m.
- Fire information number: (541) 471-6755
- Fire information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire information websites:
An infrared mapping flight was done early this morning, which provided better information on the size of the fire, and the perimeter lines. Crews will be concentrating on the southern and northeast portions of the fire today.
Additional ground personnel, along with additional engines, and air support has been ordered. Plans are already developed to use these resources as they arrive. There is also 5 air tankers stationed at the Medford airport that can be utilized.
A Level 1 Evacuation notice (Be Ready) has been issued for the following areas:
- The entire Pickett Creek area, including Pickett Creek Rd, West Pickett Creek Rd and all roads off of those. Everything North of the Robertson Bridge on the West side of the Rogue River.
- All of the Shan Creek Rd. system from Riverbanks Rd. to the west.
- Riverbanks Rd. from Limpy Creek Rd. to the Robertson Bridge.
- All of Taylor Creek Rd. (FS25 Rd) road system from Galice Road, including connection to the 2509 Road that enters Hwy. 199 at the top of Hayes Hill.
These additional areas have also been put under a closure order, for both public and firefighter safety:
Sam Brown Campground, Sam Brown Horse Camp, Briggs Camp Campground, Myers Camp Campground, Portions of Forest Road #2500, Forest Road #2509, and Forest Road 2706.
The public should be aware that there may be heavy firefighter traffic on the roads at times, and to drive appropriately.