Fire Season Restrictions
When fire season goes into effect, the Oregon Department of Forestry and our partners impose restrictions on public use and work-related activities.
These restrictions are organized into two categories:
1) PUBLIC USE RESTRICTIONS govern what activities not related to forest industrial operations are allowed.
2) INDUSTRIAL FIRE PRECAUTION LEVELS (IFPL) govern what activities are allowed for industrial operations in our forests.
- SKY LANTERNS ARE PROHIBITED YEAR ROUND THROUGHOUT OREGON.
- THE USE OF EXPLODING TARGETS AND TRACER AMMUNITION IS PROHIBITED DURING FIRE SEASON.
- BACKYARD DEBRIS BURNING IS PROHIBITED DURING FIRE SEASON. SOME DISTRICTS ALLOW BURNING WITH PERMIT.
Visit our Facebook page, or contact the office nearest you:
5286 Table Rock Rd.
Central Point, OR 97502
Grants Pass Unit
5375 Monument Dr.
Grants Pass, OR 97526
For further information about fire restrictions in the Wild and Scenic Section of the Rogue River, contact the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest at 541-618-2200.